We are member of:
PVPM1500XNewest peak power measurement device and IV-curve tracer for PV modules / strings / arrays, up to 1500V and 20ADC
This PVPM device allows the measurement of the IV characteristic of photovoltaic modules as well as strings and arrays up to 1500V and 20ADC. Using patented methods, the instrument can calculate the peak power, the Rs and the Rp from one measured characteristic directly at the installation site and display the values on the built-in graphic display.
The PVPM1500X is a portable instrument in a rugged and waterproof plastic housing with built-in battery power and external wide range battery charger. The device is equipped with its own high-performance miniature industrial PC and a high-contrast, high-resolution TFT graphic display and thus can be used independently. If required, however, a PC can be connected for data transfer and further analysis of the measured values via a standard USB interface.
The supplied calibrated irradiation reference sensor can be simply clamped e.g. to the module frame (parallel to the solar module).
The IV curve measurement runs very fast (in the millisecond range), the measurement results (for example peak power) are immediately displayed on the built-in TFT display and stored permanently inside the device. Up to 4 curve measurements per minute are provided.
Entering module data is not required for the measurement, but is supported both on-site at the meter and before the measurement campaign in the office. Additionally these informations can be added during evaluation in the office later on.
The PVPM1500X is conveniently operated via the touch function of the display and a screen menu. The functions are self-explanatory by simple symbols and the user is always guided by the program. An introduction to the device operation is hardly necessary.
Build in a stable and waterproof (IP67) plastic case with carrying handle, automatic pressure valve and tough front panel.
- Miniature industrial PC 32Bit, real time clock, no mechanical moving parts
- Sampling rate max. 100kHz
- Resolution 0.01V - 0.25V, 0.005A – 0.01A (depending on sel. range)
- Accuracy of the a/d converter 0.08% of FSR±1 LSB
- Accuracy Peak power measurement: ±5%
- Reproducement: ±2-3%
- Duration of single measurement: 20ms up to 2 seconds, avoiding the influence of capacitive properties of the module under test
- Non volatile data storage for several thousand measurements
- Irradiance reference sensor (Phox) with integrated Pt100 or Pt1000 temperature sensor measures irradiance and cell temperature
- Other commercially available sensors as e.g. ISET-Sensor® can be connected using a reliable cable connection
- 4-wire-cabling between PVPM and generator under test avoids mis-measurement of voltage
- Additional measurement of the back surface temperature of the module under test (second input for Pt100 RTD available)
- Continuous long-term measurements of I-V-curves in selectable time intervals
The device may only be attached to a limited source of direct current (photovoltaic generator) with at most 20A
Measuring ranges of the PVPM1500X (changes possible):
|Voltage:||25V / 100V / 500V / 1500V|
|Current:||2A / 5A / 10A / 20A|
|Temperature:||-40°C - +100°C with Pt1000|
|Irradiance:||0 - 1300W/m2 (Standard sensor)|
- Ranges for current and voltage can be combined in any order
- An optimal range is selected by the device automatically.
- Colour TFT display, LED backlight, touchpanel, resolution 480 x 272 Pixel, sunlight capable
- Menu driven with touchscreen on the front panel
- Operation and evaluation alternatively by Windows software, connected via USB 2.0 standard cable
- Li-Ion-battery 99.6Wh (continous operation up to 8 hours)
- External power supply wide range input (90-263Vac, 47-63Hz, 40W, Out 16Vdc), UL approved
- Integrated battery charger with overload and undervoltage protection for battery
- Display of battery state with LEDs at the front panel
- Width: 40.6 cm, Height: 17.5 cm, Depth: 33.0 cm, Weight: ca. 8,5kg
| || |
0°C - 40°C
10% - 90% (n. c.)
-10°C - 85°C
5% - 95%
- Measuring instrument in sturdy plastic housing, watertight (IP67)
- TFT colour display with touchscreen, LED backlight, sunlight capable
- Battery supply
- External power supply with wide range input
- 4-wire-lead (10 meters)
- Calibrated irradiation reference sensor monocrystalline (Phox), integrated temperature sensor Pt100 or Pt1000
- USB cable for linking an evaluation PC
- Control and evaluation software for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Users Manual
- External safety switch-disconnector 1500V / 20A
- Case for wires and sensor
- Optional additional surface sensor Pt100 for module temperature
- Software for the automatic generation of test reports (MS Windows)
- Test lead in different lengths (on request)